Old May 29th 04, 01:50 PM
Em

Default Percentiles and weight (x-posted)

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Jill wrote:
I would try what you have already a few times before getting anything

else.

I am not going back to work while nursing, but I want to pump as

much as
possible.

Why? You can only store milk frozen for 3 months from what I

understand.
snip

Actually, there is no evidence that human milk ever goes "bad" in the
freezer. However, it is usually recommended that you only keep it in a
freezer for 6-12 months because of freezer burn. Formula companies are
generally the ones that publish little charts saying "3 months" for
freezer storage. Also, in general, if you want to keep it long 6-12
months, you should probably keep it in a separate deep freeze. If you
store in a freezer/fridge combo, people feel more comfortable with a 3
months recommendation because of the change for partial defrostation
when the door is opened and shut. The milk should be stored in the
coldest part of the freezer, because human milk defrosts more easily
than say, frozen meat. If your freezer can keep ice cream firm, it is a
good temperature for milk as well.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 8 months old