Old October 22nd 03, 03:40 PM
SMK

Default ATTN Elle...update to my ectopic post

JNJ wrote:

Let me start by saying Thank You again Elle! Since you shared your story
with me, I thought you might want an update on mine. I did go in for my
ultrasound on monday. I knew something was wrong with the left side because
they didn't show me the left but they did show me the right. After the
u/s, they called my doc and she wanted me to go right over to her office.
When I got there, she told me that they can't see anything on the u/s
because all they could see was blood on the left side, and blood underneath
my uterus. So I was admitted to the hosp and at 8:30 tuesday morning I had
emergency surgery. My doc couldn't really give me a definate on what would
happen since they couldn't see much on the u/s. They did a D&C but I had
nothing on the walls of my uterus. Then they did the laparopsy(sorry bad
speller) where they put a camera in through your belly button and look.
They could immediatly see the mass in my tube. I had an inscision made
along my pubic hair thats about 5 in long. They did have to remove my tube
because it had burst abit. She said I didn't feel much pain because the
tube had a split in it and since blood was leeking out, it never built up
enough pressure to hurt me much. Remarkably I had not lost a large amount
of blood. Its wierd but my doc said that even though it wasn't alive it was
still growing. Now I'm home resting. I can't do a whole lot but it gets
better everyday. Now I'll be leary of TTC but hopefully I won't have any
problems with the next one. As soon as I even think I'm pg again, I have
to go in for beta hcg's almost daily. And they will do an u/s as soon as
they will be able to see anything. Well thats about it. Once again I thank
you for your kind words and support!

Julie

Hi
I have a good friend who had an ectopic and laparoscopis surgery. She
lost one of her Fallopian tubes, but now she is pregnant with her second
child after that!
Hope you feel much better soon!

--
Vidya