Old October 27th 03, 01:40 AM
Elle

Default ATTN Elle...update to my ectopic post

"JNJ" wrote in message ...
Let me start by saying Thank You again Elle! Since you shared your story
with me, I thought you might want an update on mine. I did go in for my
ultrasound on monday. I knew something was wrong with the left side because
they didn't show me the left but they did show me the right. After the
u/s, they called my doc and she wanted me to go right over to her office.
When I got there, she told me that they can't see anything on the u/s
because all they could see was blood on the left side, and blood underneath
my uterus. So I was admitted to the hosp and at 8:30 tuesday morning I had
emergency surgery. My doc couldn't really give me a definate on what would
happen since they couldn't see much on the u/s. They did a D&C but I had
nothing on the walls of my uterus. Then they did the laparopsy(sorry bad
speller) where they put a camera in through your belly button and look.
They could immediatly see the mass in my tube. I had an inscision made
along my pubic hair thats about 5 in long. They did have to remove my tube
because it had burst abit. She said I didn't feel much pain because the
tube had a split in it and since blood was leeking out, it never built up
enough pressure to hurt me much. Remarkably I had not lost a large amount
of blood. Its wierd but my doc said that even though it wasn't alive it was
still growing. Now I'm home resting. I can't do a whole lot but it gets
better everyday. Now I'll be leary of TTC but hopefully I won't have any
problems with the next one. As soon as I even think I'm pg again, I have
to go in for beta hcg's almost daily. And they will do an u/s as soon as
they will be able to see anything. Well thats about it. Once again I thank
you for your kind words and support!

Julie

So sorry I haven't seen this before now, of course I totally
sympathise with what you've gone through. It sounds *so* familiar to
what happened to me. The good news is that if you have no underlying
fertility problems you have a very good chance of being successful
next time.

I know exactly what you mean about being nervous about TTC - I was
actually glad in a way they took my tube out. Having had a previous
ectopic on that side I would have been very frightened of it happening
again, especially since like you I had minimal symptoms. My husband
and I travel alot - I knew I had the last ectopic when we were out of
the country (lucky we were only a couple of days from coming home) and
I would be nervous about having another for the rest of my life.

Hope you are feeling better. What an unlucky thing to have happen. I
hope you are keeping well.

Regards
Elle