Old November 1st 03, 05:32 AM
Marie

Default formulas in Florida

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but...

Is Enfalac infant formula, with Iron, available in Florida? If so, how much
does a large can of powder go for?

We're going to Ft.Myers with the kidlets at the beginning of December, and
I'm trying to figure out what I need to pack and what I can get there. For
example, I figure it's just as easy to buy diapers down there rather than
travel with a huge supply, same with diaper wipes. But if I can't find the
brand of these we usually use, any diaper or wipe will substitute. However,
I don't want to change formulas on them and risk tummy problems. The boys
go through a large can of the powdered formula about every week (the length
of time we're going for), so if it's not available I'm going to be lugging a
couple of cans through airport security :-(

We're taking the infant carriers/car seats, but not the bases: the seats
can be strapped in to the rental car with seat belts. We're taking the
snap-and-go stroller frame, so that's taken care of. The hotel where we're
staying is providing a crib (the boys are still small enough that they can
share) and the retirement village where hubby's grandma lives is going to
put another crib in her apartment so there's a place to put the boys when
visiting her (she's 105 and the reason we're going down), so we figure we
can travel without a playpen.

I just reread that paragraph and started second guessing myself: it's more
difficult getting the car seats belted in without their bases. I wonder if
we'd be better of travelling with a regular double stroller so the seats can
stay in the rental car? Of course, that means the boys will wake up every
time we take them in and out of the car... Any thoughts from experienced
travellers? What else am I forgetting?

Marie
Chris and Alex--born 04/23/03 at 31wks gestational :-)
Meet the Kidlets at http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/mmcw2