Old December 19th 04, 07:37 PM
Jon

Lanark wrote:
"Jon" wrote in

child support. It worked for me. Of course, she went on welfare
and just can't afford to pay the whopping $76 a month for my son,

According to the law, that's no excuse and she should be in jail!

Wrong, there is a presumption of inability to pay if you need state
assistance to survive. I had a phone hearing, and the judge said that if
she is on welfare, then she has an automatic suspension of CS.
Theoretically, when she gets a job, then they start up again. I reckon she
will start working just about the time he no longer needs CS.
Fair its not, I used to pay $518 a month, but I only asked for some CS
because she moved 2000 miles away and its not right that she can just move
away from our son. No matter what I feel, he deserves to have mom in his
life. oh well, he lives with me, so thats whats important. Oh, did I
mention his 3.75gpa in freshman year? I think its a good thing he is here.

Jon