Old August 22nd 04, 03:01 PM
lm

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 09:48:17 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

"NIC" .. wrote in message
. com.au...

"CME" wrote in message
news4WVc.34733$jZ5.1064@clgrps13...

"NIC" .. wrote in message
om.au...

"lm" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:31:18 +1000, "NIC" .. wrote:

"CME" wrote in message

"Ms Louise Clayton" wrote in message
Hi
I just joined the group and wondered are there any singles from
Australia?
I live in NSW Australia with teenage kids.
Like to learn more about life for singles in other countries as
well.
Chloe

Welcome to the group. I know a single mother in Melbourne I

believe,
she's
not in this group... but I should introduce it to her... geez

what
was
thinking, and why haven't I done it sooner? lol

Christine

That would be me

Hey there all. Single mother to Thomas (7 months) & Full Time

carer
my
Father who suffers from multiple sclerosis.

Know of any more aussie posters?

Hullo nic, and welcome. I'm a former single parent, happily married
now to an aussie who came to the u.s. to be with my boys and me.

Boys
are 10 and 8. That's a lot of caring you're doing for others -- I

hope
you're finding enough time to care for yourself a bit too.

lm

Good for you lm! It's so nice to hear that there are men out there
willing to take on the whole package!!

I'm sure Christine will let you all know that I do indeed take time

out
for
myself. With a few online games we tend to terrorize together and a

few
forum/message boards we seem to have a great liking to spam (go girl

flame
on!!). Aside from my release here on the pc, I do occasionally get to
spend
a day to myself... Hairdresser, Catch up on chores (i'm a clean freak,

yes
it's a novelty for me to do this), SLEEEEEEEEEEEEP!.

As for the level of caring I do..... Wouldn't you? My daddy is my

daddy
and
my son is my life..... What more can I say?

You and I are alot alike Nic (I had to consciously type that and not EQ.
lol) Anyways, we tend to give and give until we wear ourselves out. I

am
actually thinking of hitting a spa in the next week, I've never been.

Yeah
yeah I'm deprived. lol But I've been on a bit of a shopping spree this
week, got some extra money on the go so I bought a new down duvet, a

hair
straightner, lingerie etc (I'm trying to pretty up for next month. lol)

Christine

LOL, do you know how hard it has been to not say 'yeah, brazen' ;x
Mmmmm, Spa!! Sounds awesome. DO let me know how it goes - I've been
interested in going to one for a while, they just seem to be soooo
expensive, and even then argh!! finding the time!.....
I was lucky a few weeks back on the cash front and did all my spoiling

then
Feels sooooo good. Go silly!! You deserve it. (Don't you go too

silly
on the spending spree tho - you need to save for vegas!
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!)
I've slowly started to pack - will be moving into the new house within the
next 8 weeks - packing is soooo yukky but the thought of a bran new house

is
soooo well, YaYaY! Kinda makes it all worth it.

Nic...

I think a consistent issue for single parents is of course the one income,
so the frills are few and far between.

I'd get some personal opinions about that spa before you shell out the
cash, for that reason. My mom visited recently and we went and did a
2-for-1 manicure/pedicure and it was a pretty penny even with the
coupon and it turned out it really wasn't worth the money. We could've
saved the money and done as good a job on each other's toes while
sipping a couple of margaritas :-)

lm