Old September 25th 04, 12:22 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Istara" wrote in message
. ..
Paul Griffiths wrote:
"Istara" wrote in message
. ..

snip

Hey, at least you wear COLORS. I usually get sent home - if my friends
can find me - because I'm wearing such blah colors that I fade into the
background scenery. :-)

Spent much time in Special Forces have you?

(grin) Nah... Used to be a jail officer. When you're a 5-foot 4-inch
female, dealing mainly with 6-foot-plus drunken males, with an
occasional violent offender coming along for variety, the ability to do
a quick-fade becomes a survival mechanism - they can't hit you if they
can't see you, but you can sure drop them if you can catch them by
surprise.

Ooeer!

I'll just make a note of that for possible future reference, if you don't
mind.

Unfortunately, wearing a uniform so much of the time plays hell with
a person's off-duty fashion sense, especially when they didn't have
much to start with. :-) Which I didn't.

Yeah I can see how that would work.

Now I get to wear hospital scrubs in bright colors and patterns,
starting next week... And am probably going to have to take someone
along shopping to avoid getting plain blah green. :-) Anybody wanna
going scrub shopping?

No thanks. Nothing personal but I have more than enough memories of
hospitals as it is.

Bright colours and patterns sounds like fun though.

--
Paul Griffiths