Old September 9th 03, 12:52 PM
Mary E. Hill

Default Prob been asked, but about choosing schools..

Sometimes they may be alright, but not in Toledo, Ohio where we are

"Jeff" wrote in message
You could ask the schools. And search the web for the schools (e.g., try
google with the name of the school and the town in which you live).

Also, talk to family and friends about the schools. Have you considered
sending your son to public schools? Sometimes they are better than private
schools.

Jeff

"Mary E" wrote in message
Where do I go for statistics about schools in my area? I've got 8

private
grade schools (son will be starting kindergarten next year) that would

work
for me as far as location and reputation (that I know of) is concerned.

also know student to teacher ratio and enrollment figures.

What I need to know is how the students perform. How does the teaching
stack up against other schools locally and nationally?

Is there any place I can get this information for private schools?

Thanks a bunch - this is SO important!

Mary