Old February 16th 06, 01:42 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated

Default Fever comes and goes - dr little help

I took her temp because she was more irritable than normal and because
she was angrily swatting at her ear. Her tympanic temp has been 98.4
pretty consistently (and I've never heard the tympanic not being
accurate - we compared it to an axillary temp and it was relatively the
same). She seemed hot to me, so I took her temp. The dr didn't see an
infection in her ear, so the ear was probably not the problem.

It shot up again in the late hours of the night/morning. It doesn't go
above 100.5, but then is the 98.4 again mid-morning. I don't know if
the irritability last night had to do with the temp or the vaccination.
Good grief, she screamed like a banchee when her leg was moved. She's
better now, but she was pretty distressed after the vac's.

I just wondered if seasoned parents had any comments. This is my first
experience with an infant fever.

Thanks,
Misti