Old February 12th 04, 04:15 PM
Plissken

Default "Wal-Mart right to say no"

"Kate" wrote in message
om...
| http://www.coloradoan.com/news/stori...on/381853.html
|
| Wal-Mart right to say no
|
| By Linda Magloughlin

| --------
|
| I would like to say a big thank you to Wal-Mart for asking a mother to
| stop breast-feeding in public. I am a breast-feeding mother and would
| never think of doing such a thing. The typical response of those who
| feel this should be allowed is, "It's perfectly natural!" Indeed, but
| so are defecating and intercourse, and how many of us would expect to
| do such things in public without being arrested? How many of us would
| want to watch others doing such things?
| The sad thing is that Wal-Mart felt pressured to apologize to the
| woman, stating that they were sorry for her being inconvenienced. Is it
| an unacceptable inconvenience to have to find a restroom rather than
| urinate in public? While some would say yes, I believe and hope that
| most of us would say no. Again, thank you, Wal-Mart. I hope the attempt
| to make public breast-feeding legal fails dismally.
|
| What's next, public masturbation?
|
| Linda Magloughlin,
|
| Fort Collins

I feel very sad for the children of a woman who likens breastfeeding to
defacating and intercourse. With this kind of attitude I highly doubt she
really is a breastfeeding mother, she probably just said so to try and make
herself sound more credible. There are just so many incredibly ignorant
people in this world.

--
Nadene