Old November 3rd 03, 09:22 PM
Kane

Default Dennis was U.N. rules Canada should ban spanking

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 17:22:31 GMT, "Dennis Hancock"
wrote:

Kane, if all you can do is spout insults, then you have truly lost

your
argument.

"Kane" wrote in message
. com...
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:50:17 GMT, "Dennis Hancock"
wrote:

"Gerald Alborn" wrote in message
Dennis Hancock wrote:

"Kane" wrote in message

No Kane, it's apparent that only YOU see direct links which

do
not
exist.

No, I am not the only person to see such links. Those doing

research
in brain scans and behavioral observation research are my

sources. As
well as my own long history of observation and treatment of

abused
children.

Your knowledge of brain scans has already been proven faulty

and
you
continue with it?

I must have missed what you thought was proof, Dennis. Care to

post
it
again?

*I* didn't -post it Gerald, someone else did and Kane effectively

backed
down on his claims.

"Effectively backdown?" Is that weaselspeak for "I couldn't debate

him
fairly"

EXACTLY. You've attempted to twist at every turn, you've attempted

to put
words into the mouths of others, and in fact backpeddled on many

issues.

Just as his 'wealth' of experience eventually boiled
down to his reading of parenting books and personal observations

upon
further questioning by myself and others.

Apparently you missed the many citations of researchers, but that's
okay. It's common for the victims of intergenerational cp to be
neurotically selective and hysterically blind to anything that

brings
into question their carefully built artifice that preserves their
world view.

Your research was shown to be nothing but nonsense, brain scans

cannot
measure emotions or other factors. And it's blindness not to see the
generation of misfits your thinking has brought into being.

Just as there is a long history of nonsense from people who

claim
that
spanking is abusive.

Again you're making assertions for which I've seen no proof

offered. Care
back up your words?

Can you even read? Kane has said all along that he considers

spanking as
abusive, in fact at one point, called one 'cruel' for punishing a

toddler
who could not comprehend right from wrong.

You are correct. I do not think Alborn was asking you to give proof

of
what I said. Obviously you have some crawfish DNA grafted into

yours.

Bull**** Kane, he WAS asking ME to give proof, which has already been

posted
here by others. As for crawfish, you'll note that I haven't backed

down a
bit in my position, nor have I weaseled around and contradicted

myself as
many times as you have in this debate.

They are too caught up in their own self righeousness
that they cannot comprehend the damage that they are creating.

Damage, caused by people who advocate against hurting children?

So
it's
people
who strongly advocate and practice only kind and respectful

treatment of
children and NOT those who think nothing of dishing out pain,

punishment,
humiliation and disrespect, who are the ones causing damage?

Again,
anything to
back up what you insist upon believing?

Take a good hard long look at the public school system, the

complete
breakdown in discipline and you can see EXACTLY what damage has

been
done.

A good long hard look will show you that there is NO such thing at
all. Children are safer in school than they are at home. There are
more injuries and deaths that take place at the hands of their

parents
and caregivers than by school personnel or fellow students.

Again, your ignorance of the facts are showing Kane. Children are

NOT safer
in school, not even with the narcs on campus, or the metal detectors

at the
entrance ways.

This is the typical liberal bull**** that is attempting to take away

ALL
parental rights by the bogus claims that children are injured more at

home
by 'caregivers' and parents than at school. How about the schools

which
cover up incidents of abuse? I personally know of several cases

involving
lawsuits where children have been abused in the schools. We've had

several
incidents recently where a teacher taped children's mouths shut with

duct
tape.

And then you tend to forget the emotional abuse which occurs.. No

Kane,
some parents DO abuse their children and injure them, but you cannot
possibly show any true statistics to back up those claims that they

are
'safer' in the public schools. Nor even in the private schools,

given the
history of abuse by priests in the Catholic church in this country.

You are a media casualty. Don't feel bad we all fall for it from

time
to time.

*I* am a media casualty?? LOL.. YOU my friend are a casualty of

nonsensical
doublespeak by psychologists who think they can analyze children and

apply a
single rule to all.

Anyone who thinks they can learn parenting from a book is bound to
eventually realize that they can throw the book away once they

realize their
children are not exactly alike. Perhaps you lack some bit of common

sense
in your background because apparently, you failed to learn that

lesson.

Any search of relevant data on the safety of children, mortality
tables, etc. especially from the CDC and the DOJ will show you to

be
miles from the truth.

Post your facts then if you have them. It is YOU who are making the

claim.

Now just like Alborn I'm going to ask you to support your

contention
that there is a "complete breakdown in discipline" vis a vis the
schools with some proof.

How many metal detectors did you see when you were in school? How

many
'narcs' and school police were routinely placed on campus as a matter

of
common nature?

How many riots took place on campus in our day? How many shootings

by
students occurred. I can tell you, EXACTLY NONE. Nationwide.

And you need more proof?

You make the claim, you accept responsibility for proof or show
yourself as ignorant or a liar. Your choice.

NO, you are showing yourself as a complete ass who cannot face

reality.

The fact that people like yourself and Kane equate any and all

punishment
which may involve some sort of humiliation or pain as 'cruel and

unusual'
punishment has led to an utter breakdown of discipline throughout

society.

I do not recall using the "cruel and unusual" punishment argument.

will say it is cruel. It isn't hard to see that it is when you take

150 to 200 pound adult whalin' on a 30 to 40, or less, child. It's
bullying.

Bull**** Kane.. You are again confusing spanking and abuse. Quite a
difference. You are dishonest and your ONLY reason for posting your
nonsense is to attempt to take away parental rights. I consider it

abusive
NOT to instill discipline in a child or to give a small child a swat

to keep
them out of harms way.

As for "unusual" I don't think spanking is unusual. I think it is

far
too usual.

I suppose you, like Kane are going to make the stretch that after

centuries
of acceptable spanking, even at the extremes in the past, that

THAT
is now
responsible for the condition of society today, even considering

the
fact
that non-spanking has gained a lot of following over the past

thirty
or
forty years, and the psychobabble that anyone who decides their

child
may
need some discipline is somehow abusive has attempted to put a

stigma
on
even the mildest of discipline?

I have seen postings again and again that even in the US, a

supposedly
enlightened nation, over 90 percent, sometimes even 98 percent of
parents spank or adults say they were spanked. With numbers like

that
how can you possibly defend that non-spanking is the culprit for

yoru
imagined breakdown in discipline?

Where are those statistics Kane? Apparently, you are backpeddling

again
since YOU personally have claimed that the rich and powerful do not

spank,
and doubt they ever spanked throughout history.

You've been around non spanking parents for most of your nearly 70

years..
YOUR OWN WORDS. Now then, you either admit you are a damned liar, or

your
'experience' and 'observations' were very limited indeed.

In fact teens, a good indicator, have shown a steady decline in
criminal behavior over the past decade and before...all the while

as
non-spanking grows and teachers and others, including parents,

strive
to develop skills at non-punitive parenting.

Actually, the stats I recall from memory is that crime has declined

steadily
overall, but teen crime has risen slightly.

People who were physically abused generally resort to physical

abuse
themselves. It's a never ending cycle, yet you still refuse

differentiate between abuse and spanking,

Did you ever wonder how or why spanking is propogated from one

generation
to the

propogated
multigenerationally in other families? Do you think spanking

somehow
propogates
itself because it's such a good idea, rather than because abuse

works that
way?

Yawn.. again, you try to confuse spanking with abuse.

Non of us are confused except you spanking freaks in denial. You

and
other just like you continually claim that pain teachs, yet deny

that
spanking is painful. Or you seem to when you claim it isn't

"abuse."
Pain inflicted to get your way is nothing BUT abuse. More

especially
non-pain, non-punitive methods have been shown to be superior
repeatedly.

Bull**** and your use of the word 'freaks' shows how truly biased and

bull
headed you are.

Your losing it dude.

Your denial of Embry's work is a perfect example of your frantic
scramble to protect your sick model of parenting.

LOL.. your denial of Pavlov's work shows that you consider young

children
not as intelligent as a dog.

Then please explain
how, with the disappearance of corporal punishment in the public

schools,
that any and all respect and discipline has vanished along with

it.

Do you not think it odd that exactly where cp in the schools

prevail
they have the worst records of behavior and the lowest academic
scores? Take a look at Texas, one of the hot for paddling state,

for
instance. Or try Alabama, Arkansas, or Oklahoma.

Sorry, again another outright lie. CP has been banned in ALL states

of the
union. Nice try but it aint working.

And before your lil buddy jumps in wanting my proof, again, it is YOU

who
made the outlandish claim, not I.

Yes, everyone knows that abuse propogates from generation to

generation, but
any parent worth their salt also knows how their own children

react
outside stimuli. Some children never need to suffer a spanking

while
others
may well need a physical reinforcement. But of course, to you and

Kane, you
can use 'reason' and set guidelines which have absolutely no

consequences
for the child.

You neglected, in the beginning of this article to acknowledge my
claims to have worked with children who had been spanked and

punished.
I noticed that.

And you neglected all along to ignore my claims that I too have

worked with
children from both sides of the fence.. also with abused children as

well.

And I WAS in a position where I had complete control and had to

instill
discipline in a class setting and learned quite readily which ones

been
spanked, which ones had been abused, and which ones were adapt at

dealing
with control and discipline.

I worked with children so screwed up by parenting NOT fit or

allowed
to be used on animals that they had become dangerous to themselves

and
others. I turned them around with gentle and non-punitive methods.

Ahh, there's the kicker Kane, and you are too stupid to see it. I

have a
nephew who was physically abused by his father. He did not respond

spanking, even light spanking it only made him angrier, so yes, your
approach did work quite well with him. That is where you are screwed

up,
you cannot differentiate between children and their needs. You seem

think that the exact same treatment can be used on all.. believe me,

it
cannot. You have never worked with hyperactive children have you,

well I
have.

They were so screwed up it took longer for them to get that I

wasn't
punishing them than it did for them to turn around when they

finally
accepted I wasn't.

Of course it will work with some. Especially those who were abused.

But
try it with a child who has merely been swatted on the butt with the

open
hand as punishement and it seldom works. They learn they can 'get

away'
with something.

You seem confused Kane. You don't realize that children learn at a

very
young age how to play parents against each other. If one is of your

ilk,
and the other a spanker, they would drive you crazy. No, I

seriously doubt
you've had very much 'experience' in dealing with children, perhaps a

few,
but not the 'wealth' of experience you try to lead us to believe.

The hardest part was getting them over thugs like you.

LOL.. there you go, losing it again guy. For a supposed retired Air

Force
Colonel, I suppose you kissed the guys asses to get em to do their

work.

or show proof that those who spank
for disciplinary reasons or teaching their child correct

behavior
at a
very
young age

What's wrong with modelling correct behavior, giving an

abundance
of time
and
loving attention to young children, treating them respectfully,

and
catering to
their genuine needs so that they have no pent-up emotional

energy
motivating
them to exhibit bad behavior?

LOL.. what a moron you are proving to be. Treat them respectfully

and they
will have no pent up energy? LOL You truly keep digging yourself

deeper
into a hole here.

WHO said it was wrong? You want to pick apart every statement and

try to
put words into my mouth?

He isn't suggesting it's wrong or not. He's suggesting using it,

and
if you missed that you are truly in sad shape.

Apparently, you cannot read well,OR comprehend.

Although I think I can see how you just managed to weasel out of
answering the meat of his question. Why spank if you have all those
other things going for you? Sounds like he expects you to be a good
parent that DOES use those things. Me, I'm not so sure about you at
this point. You are too wedded to abuse for my taste, and trying to
deny it by calling it something else.

LOL.. you are a moron Kane. You still confuse spanking with abuse.

You are
so dead in your mindset that you cannot possibly see reality.

They used to say that slavery was good for the darkies too. And

that
women, by their natures, just couldn't think for themselves.

There you go again, wild, outlandish claims attempting to claim the

high
moral ground by being dishonest. I wondered when the race issue

would enter
the picture.

We seem to have gotten over that, but it took a damn war. I'd like

you
assholes to wake up before the there has to be laws to do it for

you.

LOL.. DUH.. there should be a law against assholes like yourself

who
haven't got enough sense to deal with the real world. You do more

damage
than good and are too stupid to relaize it.

There ARE laws against abuse Kane. But YOU apparently seem to want

control everyone's ability to rear their children as they see fit and
consider anything other than what you consider acceptable as

unacceptable.
You are a closed minded asshole who deserves no further responses.

**rest snipped and unread as being the irrelevent rantings of a

luncatic**

I am not a "lunicatic."

Have a nice day asshole.

It is certainly fun to watch you jump up and down and froth at the
mouth. By the way, you posted a series of lies about me, but hey, we
expect that from the spanking freak folks. They don't have anything
else going for them, and they know it.

By the way, I think I recall that you opened this blathering tirade
with the snappy homily:

"Kane, if all you can do is spout insults, then you have truly lost
your
argument."

Can we count on your promise: "You are a closed minded asshole who
deserves no further responses."

R R R R R R

Bingo bango bongo

Stoneman