Old January 16th 09, 06:38 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default Where did my stomach go?

It's not your stomach, it's your bowels. More specifically, your large and
small intestines which are making all those noises. When you have very
loose watery bowel movements, your intestines gurgle and bubble and make all
sorts of fun noises. I've had an ugly stomach virus or food poisoning the
past few days, and I'm listening to mine go nuts right now!

http://www.childbirthconnection.org/...e.asp?ck=10242

The link below shows that as the baby and uterus grows, the stomach and
intestines get pushed up and back underneath the breasts and shoulders.
Lovely.

Often times, very loose bowels is an early sign of labor. Good luck.
--

Jamie Clark

www.ClarkDigitalArts.com

"Kat" wrote in message
Yes, I know this is going to sound weird, but I'm just wondering...
Google hasn't been very helpful with this one, but I'm wondering where
your stomach normally goes during pregnancy? Up? Down? Behind or to one
side?
I can't seem to find any pictures or info on this, but I've been having
some weird gurgling and stomach stuff happening today.
It started off with very, very loose bowels. Sorry if it's TMI It was
so bad earlier that I could barely control myself. I did not have an
upset stomach, wasn't feeling bad, just BANG! Out of nowhere, I was not
able to fully control myself and running to sit on the toilet with a very
loose stomach. No other issues with that, though, and hasn't seemed to be
a problem since mid-afternoon.
Now, though, I have this rumbling/bubbling feeling. It's right in the
middle, and right kind of under the bottom of my ribs. Like solarplex
area, just directly behind it. It feels almost like bubbles and it's
fairly constant. I don't feel any different (sick or anything) but this
bubble feeling is still there constantly and has been around for probably
an hour, maybe hour and a half this evening.
Is that just my stomach? Where, exactly, does a stomach shift to during
pregnancy? I will have 3 weeks left to go on Saturday, if that matters.