Old May 17th 04, 04:58 AM
Angela Schepers

Default Birth story

I'm afraid my stitches might get infected. I'm having some stinging in
them off and on when I urinate and I'm finding myself more sore and
uncomfortable down there in general than I was a couple days ago. Maybe
it's just the last of the residual delivery soreness setting in? I hope
so cause I really don't want to have to deal with infected stitches.

I also had an intact perineum that didn't really bother me at all (I was
told several time that BM's may be difficult, etc, but never had a
single problem). Didn't seem swollen really or unduly uncomfortable. I
also had a little upward tear though (no stitches) and that became
infected and did cause me a lot of pain/discomfort. When I went for my
two week check up and told them it was still bothering me, they said
"oh, a little stinging when you urinate?" Ha ha! Try, making it hard for
me to walk properly!

I think the swelling is finally starting to subside a bit. I can see
some bone again in my left ankle again and my right doesn't look quite a
s puffy on the top of the foot. I still can't wear my wedding band yet
but hopefully that'll subside soon as well. But I suppose I've made
some progress which has to be good.

Sounds like things went really well for you. How is the swelling in your
ankles now?

Congrats again!

Thank you!