Old January 19th 08, 01:28 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default Correcting misinformation on Jasper Mountain...

tlwaggoner wrote:
On Jan 18, 1:30 pm, "dragonsgirl" wrote:
"firemonkey" wrote in message

On Jan 18, 1:57 pm, tlwaggoner wrote:
On Jan 18, 12:02 am, fx wrote:
I have been provided your emails by my staff who monitor the accuracy
of
information on the internet. In this case I understand the internet
source to be a foster parent support group of some kind. I have been
provided the posting on this site mentioning Jasper Mountain and I want
to correct misinformation in these postings. It appears that there are
people concerned about the safety and treatment of children at Jasper
Mountain and I want to provide you assurances that the children are
very
well cared for.
--No twelve year old client in the last month was killed when she
"jumped out of a transport van and was struck by a car." This did not
happen in the last month or anytime over the last 25 years of agency
operations.
--Contrary to postings to the contrary, since the agency began in 1982
no child has ever stopped breathing either during a "safe hold" or at
any other time.
--Despite postings to the contrary no child's heart has ever stopped
during a hold or at any other time.
--Jasper Mountain has never had a child transported to the
hospital/emergency room via ambulance or by EMT's and thus the use of
"paddles" to resuscitate any child did not occur.
Perhaps all of the above took place related to some other organization,
but not involving Jasper Mountain. The article in the Eugene Register
Guard on 12/22/07 (referenced in the discussion) pertained to injuries
that occurred 14 to 24 months previously and the lawsuit a personal
injury attorney has been pursuing for over a year. All three injuries
were investigated in great detail and found to be accidental and
unfounded for any type of abuse on the part of the agency and its
staff.
The newspaper continues to attempt to generate controversy but for
the
most part they have been unsuccessful. Since we readily accept violent
children into our program we know there is always a chance of injury,
although our injury record over the years is excellent. Lawsuits
related to accidents are unfortunately quite routine in our society
(although this is our agency's first such suit) and the insurance
company will likely offer the attorney money to resolve the matter. I
hope this is helpful.
Dave Ziegler
Executive Director

http://www.scar-jaspermtn.org/
Thats an out right lie..I have the documentation to
prove that my son did in fact stop breathing, and was
rushed to the hospital from Scar-Jasper.. Its a report made
by CPS Social Worker to the Courts..By the way CPS WAS PAYING
FOR MY SON'S TREATMENT. SO WAS CPS LIEING OR SCAR?
Can you post the documents with the names of the child blacked out?

I wonder where this response by the treatment center is located.
Was it published in a newspaper, or what?
If it was part of an article written by a journalist, the reply given by the
director to the journalist, then I would think that it would be much better
for TL to send the information that they have to the journalist, so that
they can publish the full story, rather than provide it to us.
If it's posted on their web site only, then it's possible that TL coould
bring it to the attention of a local newspaper and show them the information
that she/he has and make the public aware that Jasper is not only unsuafe,
but also unthruthful.
Parents have a right to know what kind of facility their children are going
into.
I'm sorry, TL, that so many issues arose with your child, and I hope that
your child is doing better now, but I also hope that you coming to this
group and stating that the statements of Jasper are untrue is an indicator
that you would stand against them and the treatment that children receive
there, and make it known publicly that it is not a safe facility before
someone else's child ends up there and worse happens.
If you have that 'inside' information act on it.
I know that I, for one, would appreciate others standing up to inform me of
what I have no idea about.
I don't feel that providing that information here would accomplish anything,
after all, none of us here matter...what matters is that the proof be shown
to those who need proof....other parents in the area who may have children
that will be placed in the facility.
Besides, I would not recommend that TL put any information in a newsgroup,
and most especially this one.
Betty- Hide quoted text -

Sadly Betty the info was given to people
with power to do something, Senators, State Reps,
even Govenors ombudsman office. Unforunenly CPS keeps
placing children at Scar-Jasper. And this artical was not in the
newspaper. I don't know where it came from.
I know alot about Scar-Jasper. I've seen with my own eyes
the holds the children are placed in.

It was e-mailed directly to me! under the heading of "Correcting
misinformation" FX