Old November 27th 03, 02:41 PM
Naomi Pardue

Default Is my son TOO SHORT for his age?

my son will be 6 on Dec4 and is only in the 30% percentile for his age. He
has always been around 50% or so now it seems like he's not growing.

The difference in height between 30% and 50% at 6 years of age is around an
inch. This is NOT cause for concern at all. Especially since kids do continue
to grow in 'spurts' beyond babyhood. He could be due to a growth spurt soon.
(And, if you havne't noticed any change in height for a while, that's probably
the case.) Or he could be beginning to settle into the height he is meant to
be as an adult. (And 30% is perfectly acceptable there too. We can't all be
basketball players.)

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)