Old December 18th 03, 10:40 AM
Chookie

Default Pregnant, Nursing mothers should limit intake of tuna

In article , Ben
wrote:

in australia various brands have been investigated for the levels of
mercury, and many generic brands actually are quiet safe, with
extremely low levels of mercury.

however as in all things, moderation is the key.

I've noticed that Aussie products in general are better quality than
American. I attribute this to the fact that most things in America seem
to be made in china, korea and other countries like that.

In this case it is simply that we have thrown less mercury into our fisheries,
and that would only be because of our smaller population. Don't worry, plenty
of our commodities are made in SE Asia, but our food is mostly our own. I
also found out recentlt that our transportation system is very good and
therefore our fresh food is closer to being fresh when we buy it than perhaps
it is in North America.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc