Old December 21st 05, 06:35 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Birth Control

"Circe" wrote in message
You know, I really don't think it is at ALL fair to ask another person to
undergo surgical modification of HIS body for YOUR convenience.

I'm sure Amy and her husband will discuss this in depth before any decision
is made.

And the "pain" of having the IUD done the first time was next to

nothing--certainly less than my husband would endure if he had a vasectomy.

There was little to no pain for my husband when he recieved his vasectomy.
He had to ice the area the first night and then was fine. My BIL went back
to work after his vasectomy. OTOH, the recovery for a tubal is more than
there is for a vasectomy. As for other methods, I would not be interested in
them. Every one of them seemed like a hassle to me.

Really, though, I find the IUD so easy and worry-free that it's as good as
surgical sterilization as far as I'm concerned (and almost as effective
statistically, incidentally--the failure rate is very, VERY low). I think
you should at least try an IUD before you decide that surgically altering
your husband against his wishes is your preferred method of birth control.

I'm glad it's worked for you and that you find it worry free. I wouldn't
have been so confident and I personally wouldn't have wanted anything
foreign inside me. Since we are done with having children no matter what, we
wanted the finality of BC, and a tubal ligation was not covered and a
vasectomy was covered, this was the best option for us.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)