Old December 21st 05, 08:04 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Birth Control

Circe wrote:

Sure, it was the best option for you. But not because you just told your
husband to "suck it up". That's really all I was objecting to in Amy's post.
I'm not opposed to vasectomies; I'm just opposed to forcing anybody to
undergo a surgical procedure (or have an IUD or take BCPs or anything else)
against their will. There are nearly always other alternatives.

....but I should "suck it up" and continue to take the pill, or get an
IUD, or get sterilized myself, or ....? No, I'm sorry, we both have
sex, we both have responsiblities, and when the time comes to make the
decision that we're done reproducing, the responsiblity is going to be
his, because up until then the responsiblity is mine. That's just
biology. It's not fair, and I don't have to like it, and neither does
he.

He can suck it up and sit on the couch for 3 days and play video games,
and I can suck it up and listen to him bitch about it for 3 months, and
then we can both move on.

Hell, if reversals were easier, I'd have him get one now, and we could
reverse it when it's time for the spare. I kind of wish they could
install a little faucet on 'em, so if we want the swimmers on, they're
on, and if we want 'em off, they're off. Hot and cold running sperm.
Hahhaa...

Amy (he was all for the surgery when it was the dog's turn...)