Old June 13th 07, 01:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jeni Steers

Default Baby names and NO idea

I think I must be a bit unusal judging by everyone's replies to your post.
With William it took us ages to find many boys names we liked and in the end
this was the only one we both liked. Thankfully we loved it and he suits his
name. Girls names were easier. This time round we've glanced through one
book. I highlighted a few names and df picked out one girl and one boy I
really liked that he really liked too - so looks like job done. One is from
the original boys list - James - and the other a complete newbie - Isobel!.
I've always loved the name James and I think it goes with William but was
surprised at Isobel. Maybe perhaps because it's like Elizabeth we can't do
because of family issues that even I'm not insensitive enough to bypass.

As for the buying stuff. We've been incredibly fortunate and have been given
some money, so a chunk of that is dedicated to #2. I adored buying new stuff
the first time and I feel exactly the same with this little beanie. To me
it's just as thrilling as #1 and I'm following every growth milestone. I
also think in a way it's a chance for me to try and not make some mistakes I
think I made with William because I didn't find my instinctive 'mothering'
skills very easily with a screaming newborn and it definitely affected the
decisions I made. I have a clearer idea of what to expect and how to deal
with it and I'm hoping that will help me bond quicker with #2 than I did
with William. Or just to find out that I'm just not a newborn type - who
knows?

Jeni