Old September 25th 04, 02:18 AM
Istara

Betsy wrote:
"Istara" wrote in message
. ..

Paul Griffiths wrote:

"Istara" wrote in message
et...

Purchgdss wrote:

snip

Spent much time in Special Forces have you?

(grin) Nah... Used to be a jail officer. When you're a 5-foot 4-inch
female, dealing mainly with 6-foot-plus drunken males, with an occasional
violent offender coming along for variety, the ability to do a quick-fade
becomes a survival mechanism - they can't hit you if they can't see you,
but you can sure drop them if you can catch them by surprise.
Unfortunately, wearing a uniform so much of the time plays hell with a
person's off-duty fashion sense, especially when they didn't have much to
start with. :-) Which I didn't.

Now I get to wear hospital scrubs in bright colors and patterns, starting
next week... And am probably going to have to take someone along shopping
to avoid getting plain blah green. :-) Anybody wanna going scrub shopping?

~ Dor

I will gladly lend you my expertise in this area. Being a nurse, having had
to wear "whites" during school, I went hog wild once I was allowed to wear
'anything that makes your patients smile.' My advice...stick with pastels;
lavender, teal, light blue. I wear plain colored slacks and multi
patterened tops. What type of office will you be working in? Helps to sort
what type of atmosphere to the kind of tops you wear. Being in Pediatric
homecare now, Scooby doo and pooh bear fit quite well. Lucky me!!

Betsy

I'll be in a satellite surgical center (say that six times fast!),
employed as Med Records Coordinator. I'll get to bounce around,
multi-task, cross-train and help out elsewhere as needed, I'm sure, but
my primary contact should be with staff more than patients. Make sure
notes are transcribed correctly; transcribe if someone hasn't already
done it. Check the lab sheets, check the pre-op notes, check that
insurance verification is done, check the schedule, get it all together
in proper order and ready to go first thing on surgery day... That sort
of stuff. I'm told it will be my happy privelege to politely request the
doctors please turn their notes in on time, so that transcription can be
done sometime before the patient kicks off from old age... :-) I'm a
non-threatening, fairly inoffensive-looking type, physically, more like
someone's favorite aunt that bakes cookies than anything else... I
should be good at this, right? :-) I was thinking darker bottoms with
light or patterned tops. The center is supposed to supply a jacket with
my name on it. (fancy, huh? ) I'm gonna feel like such a fraud! But
it should be fun. Clogs, or sneakers?

~ Dor