Old July 10th 04, 09:43 PM
WiseSarah

Default How many had prior knowledge of the

Well, I'll tell you that I'm sort of waiting for the hammer to fall. You
can see some of my story in a previous thread. The sad thing is that I'm
sure if it was up to my ex (which I don't think that it is anymore) she
wouldn't do it mainly because I think she just wants to keep me away from
my son. I still don't even know if he's read any of the notes which I sent
him through email; I think she wants to raise him successfully or not
without any influence (good or bad) that my entering his life may bring.

I originally came here to find some answers, comments, and just see what I
was looking at. And for the most part I don't like any of it at all. But
then again, the issue is a very complex issue that's hard to use the
square peg-round hole system that's currently in place. For every
situation where the current system may shine (abused mom and kids, and
scumbag that'll never pay support and buys sportscars to pick-up pretty
young things) there's probably hundreds of NCPS trampled to death,
literally in some cases. But when this guy is lumped in with the guy in
the situation you explained (comp programmer now making burger jockey
money) the numbers they use don't lie to them - so that's what they use
and if you can't pay it, get used to spending time in jail.

(On a slight tangent, I did notice some of the documents regarding where
they get their numbers - do you know that there is a percentage of their
numbers which makes an allowance for tobacco and alcohol - for CHILD
SUPPORT?!?)

I hate to sound like Bob, but sometimes you have to wonder what happened
to the "institution" of marriage. Is it something that's suddenly become
irrelevant in our time and age? All the stats that are brought out to show
what happens when the father isn't there - well now that we have the
generation that grew up with that, what are we going to have to look
forward to with their progeny?