Old August 9th 08, 04:59 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
Ivan Gowch

Default When discipline becomes confused with punishment

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 17:57:58 -0500, "Ron"
wrote:

Ron:
== Ivan, I am an advocate for CP for all ages.

IG:
== Aaah, so I was right -- you ARE a sexual deviate
== with a jones for inflicting pain.
== 'Nuff said.

Sadism is the only truly dishonourable sexual kink
since, unlike, say, rubber- or foot-fetishes,
it requires that someone suffer pain -- either
real or symbolically.

This makes spankophilia disgusting, and its
"advocates" like Ron perverts and sickos
who should be closely monitored if they have
anything to do with children.

---
Hit your kid just once, and you communicate
the message that it is OK to visit violence on someone
-- as long as that person is smaller and weaker than you.
Hit your kid just once, and that child will never again love
you as much as s/he did before.
===

This is a story told by internationally renowned Swedish author Astrid
Lindgren:

There was a young mother who still thought that children would grow up
spoiled if they were not given regular beatings with a birch rod. One
day, when her young son had done something wrong, she decided the time
had come for his first beating. She told him to go outside and pick
out a birch rod for her to use. The little boy went out and was gone a
long time. At last he returned in tears and said: "I couldn't find a
birch rod, but here is a stone you can throw at me instead." Suddenly
seeing things from the child's point of view, the mother burst into
tears as well. The child must have thought: "My mother wants to hurt
me, so a stone will do the job as well as a birch rod." The mother
wrapped her arms around her son and they both cried. Then she placed
the stone on a shelf in her kitchen, where it remained as a permanent
reminder of the promise she had made to herself - no more violence
ever again!