Old November 7th 10, 10:54 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.health,misc.kids.health
Steelclaws

Default Bob Officer is nonsense - was pure blood

"carole" wrote in
nd.com:

I don't remember you recommending books - do you mind repeating the
information?

It should be in one of my recent posts, but here comes again:

Stella Cottrell: Critical Thinking Skills
Tracey Bowell and Gary Kemp: Critical Thinking A Concise Guide
Diane F. Halpern: Thought and Knowledge: An Introduction to Critical
Thinking
William Hughes and Jonathan Lavery: Critical Thinking: An
Introduction to the Basic Skills
M. Neil Browne and Stuart M. Keeley: Asking the Right Questions: A
Guide to Critical Thinking

Thomas Gilovich: How We Know What Isn't So
This one is all about evaluating claims in everyday life.

Thanks I found it on another post.

You're welcome.

So suppose I get hold of one of these books, read it and then come
back and thrash your arse using critical thinking -- would that be
nice?

That is very unlikely to happen - the least of the reasons for that
being that in addition to developing critical thinking, you'd also need
to develop logical thinking and to increase your knowledge base
significantly. This is not a dig, it's simply an evaluation of what you
would need to "kick my arse."

For all I know I do use some of these techniques anyhow but
don't know the terms.

I do recognize the application of critical thinking when I see it, and
you don't appear to use it.

Editor's Note: Readers should be aware that "The Rockefeller
Family" is owned and operated by the Rothschild Family

And here comes anti-semitism to the mix... I wonder if the author
set out deliberately to discredit his/her own fantasy.

Where is the anti-seminism?

In the rather obvious Rotschild Family comment. EVERY single anti-
semitic Jewish conspiracy loon digs them up sooner or later, as what
they imagine would be "evidence" that Jews are trying/controlling the
world.

Oh, are the Rothschild family jewish ...you learn something everyday.

Yes, they are. But they have no connection to the Rockefeller family.

Actually the last line of that quote didn't need to be there - I could
have trimmed it. It may have significance to many for whatever reason,
but not necessary for the quote. I didn't know the Rockerfamily was
owned by the Rothschild family, but so what? Who owns the morgan
family, or the westinghouse, or any of the other robber baron
families?

--
The most egregious by far is the term of 'healer' and in
discussion with cancer patients, nothing jars quite so badly as

Are you trying to say there are ripoff merchants? Are you trying to
say they are only alterantive? Are you trying to say they are corrupt?
Could apply equally well to allopathic as alternative.

The difference is in the demonstrable effectiveness of the remedy. I've
said it before, and I'll say it again: the moment a remedy can be shown
to work, it becomes medicine.

--
The enemy of knowledge and science is irrationalism, not
religion. -Stephen Jay Gould