Old April 8th 04, 01:43 PM
zeldabee

Default OT Developmental Questions

Kathy was all, like:
I realize that babies develop at their own pace, but I have a few
areas of (minor) concern with my daughter and I was hoping for some
input from others.

DD will be 7 months old in 10 days...

She can not sit up on her own, and when I do sit her up she is quite
wobbly. Sometimes she can stay up for a few seconds if I balance her
just so. When were you're children able to sit on their own?

Sprogly is 7 months today...I don't have much to contribute *except* to say
that I wondered when Sprogly would sit on his own, because he seemed nowhere
near being able to, and then one day two weeks ago he just...did it.

He's working *very* hard at crawling--he's really motivated to get that
cat!--but so far all he can do is scootch backwards a little. He especially
likes to do his rolling-around and back-arching "exercises" during his naked
time, when I put him on the waterproof mat...which is now too small. It's
too cute when he waves his little bare bum up in the air.

I usually don't worry about what other's say
their children can do, but DH works with several women with young
grandchildren/neices, etc...and they're always comparing notes. Most of
them are able to sit, have first teeth, etc etc.

I know, I know. Bloke has a co-worker with a daughter almost exactly
Sprogly's age who was sitting unsupported a month and a half ago, and Bloke
was terribly concerned until Sprogly started sitting. Then again, she's 4
inches shorter and 5 lbs lighter than Sprogly, so there. ;o)