Old October 26th 04, 05:04 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Unadulterated Me wrote:

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

Freya doesn't seem to fit with the rest
of your names to me.

It doesn't? Poop, I liked that one lol

It's a nice name--just seems so very Nordic to me ;-)
At least I *have* Nordic ancestry (Mom was bucking to name
me Sigrid, which sounds hopelessly tall and blonde to me!).

Have you considered Rowan?

I do like Rowan, and Arwyn, and Moira and all those LOTR variants but

Hmm...odd...for some reason I don't associate Rowan
as a LoTR name and it seems *very* feminine to me. I think
I thought of it because you look a lot like the little girl
I know named Rowan (a pretty little thing, she is).

Rowan and Rohan are a little too male sounding.

Ronan is the male name I tend to think of, though
no one but me seems to like it IRL.

And Tessa's favourite
book is Rowan of Rin by Emily Rodda so it feels a bit weird.

I can imagine it would be a bit odd to have a sister
show up named after one of your favorite book characters ;-)

Hmmm...what about Franchesca/Francesca? (That's actually
my sister's name). I guess what's throwing me is that the
names you have already are so traditional (though not particularly
common) but the names you list that you're considering seem
much less traditional. Maybe that's the direction you're
trying to head, though--no rule that says all your names have
to be consistent! A name I've been a bit intrigued with since
I saw it waaaay back in my family tree is Tacy.

Best wishes,
Ericka