Old April 9th 05, 07:36 AM
P. Tierney

"bizby40" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit annoyed at my son's baseball coach for many
reasons which I might get into later if anyone is interested.
But the one thing I wanted to ask about is this:

Are black baseball pants considered to be "softball
pants?" We get our uniforms next week -- the league
provides a shirt and hat, and you are expected to
provide your own baseball pants. We had a pair
of white pants at one point, but despite bleach and
pre-treating and washing right away, etc., eventually
the mud just wouldn't come out anymore. So when
it came time to get new pants, I got black ones. This
was for my DD last year. She wore them all season
with nary a word from the coach.

So DS's coach is talking about the uniforms, and says,
"I prefer gray pants, but white are okay." And I said,
"How about black?" And he says, "No! No black!
Black pants are softball pants and we're baseball
players!"

He goes on for quite a while about this. Apparently
it's something he feels strongly about. I'm upset because
1) I don't want to buy new pants when we have a
perfectly good pair, and 2) I *like* the easy-to-clean
black pants and don't want to have to go back to
battling the mud again.

I think we should just put DS in the pants we have and
screw the coach. But DH says you don't want to tick
off the coach or it'll be DS who pays, so he says we
should buy the gray ones.

Opinions?

While you have good points, DH has a better point.
Unless you want to orchestrate an upheaval (and that
doesn't work too often, does it?), go along with the
wishes of the coach -- for the sake of your child.

P. Tierney