Old December 19th 04, 09:24 PM
Lanark

"Jon" wrote in

child support. It worked for me. Of course, she went on welfare
and just can't afford to pay the whopping $76 a month for my son,

According to the law, that's no excuse and she should be in jail!

Wrong, there is a presumption of inability to pay if you need state
assistance to survive. I had a phone hearing, and the judge said that if
she is on welfare, then she has an automatic suspension of CS.

OK, let me get this straight! If I am layed off from my job and can't pay, I
get tossed in Jail where my CS obligation still continues every month. If I
go on Welfare my payments get suspended?

We've already read about a Father having to live in the back of his truck
with no money being prosecuted for failure to pay, what's the difference?