Old September 19th 03, 04:04 AM

Default Situation update

Gini, as with our case, I believe as long as the biological father (or,
in our case, deadbeat) stays gone, the original poster doesn't give a
hoot in hell about collecting child support. However, if he must be
bothered with The Kid, then it may as well be worth his while, to the
letter of the court order.

The person who truly tries to "have his cake and eat it too" is one who
insists on intruding on the child's family while bearing no other
responsibilty. Unacceptable (and stopped in our case, by enforcing the
child support order).

The moral ramifications of the affair that led to said child should be
dealt with privately, and are none of our business.

I wish them luck.

(gini52) wrote:
OK, I'm confused. You want to raise this child, as your own, with no
involvement
from his bio dad but you want child support? I can't imagine a judge
agreeing to
child support without visitation/parenting rights since this father
wants to be involved
in his child's life. Methinks you want to have your cake and eat it too,
which is likely
what the judge will tell you. More questions--how can you lay this
entire matter solely at the feet of the other man? You do realize that
your wife had a significant
part in this mess, right? You do realize that she could have said "no,"
instead of
choosing to have an affair and thereby leaving at least 4 victims in her
wake?