Old April 18th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.child-support
Laura

Default Pay of Child Support Early?

No way I would pay the CS off early. I don't know how many more years
you have on how many children and at what age they are, but if the ex
sees all that money, she's gonna figure she can hit you for more $$. Or,
if you are on civil terms with her, ask her if you pay it all up front
if she will sign a waiver for future additional child support...in a
lawyers office.

You know, CS isn't treated as support for the kids, it's treated as a
punishment for breaking up the home, if it wasn't, things would be a lot
more fair. If the CS paying parents income increases, the CP gets more
money, but if the CS parents income increases, the CS paying parent
doesn't get a break...think about it.

One good thing....CS doesn't last forever, it will end. My 2nd husband
and I paid CS to his ex for 17 + yrs. I didn't think it would ever end,
but it did, unfortunately I didn't learn my lesson and married a man
with 2 underage children, now ages 14 and 12...what a bonehead lol

Good luck!