Old July 9th 04, 10:40 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-July 9, 2004

Default Obese NM girl removed frm home CPS still overweight

Yes, I am convinced that Fern would have objected to Lisa Steinberg being
taken away from Joel Steinberg while her little heart was still beating.

"Fern5827" wrote in message
I suppose, PF, it may be easy for you to gloss over the heartbreak this 3

yo
endured, having been ripped from the only home she ever knew.

Needlessly.

I can still remember my separation trauma at age 4 when I had my tonsils
removed and was away from home for days.

Perhaps you feel that it alright. Perhaps you feel that the state should

take
precedence over family's stated protestations, and perhaps you feel that

it is
fine that the child is still obese.

John Stossel profiled the state of FL with DCF attempting to take a chubby

7 yo
from his home, where 2 generations of

his forebears were also overweight.

His segment was "Gimmee a break." And this same aphorism applies here.

Aren't
there far more serious and pressing concerns to appeal to CPS than

accusing
families of overfeeding?

unfortunate happens to you, even if it
involved someone else's judgment that later proved incorrect, you
aren't necessarily entitled to a jackpot.

No one spoke about jackpot. How about an APOLOGY?

Perhaps the CPS investigation was marked by mutual respect and
cooperation, and the removal was mutually agreed upon as a test method
for ruling out family dynamics as a cause for her potentially deadly
condition. I have seen parents

It was marked by stenuous protest on the family's part (and well should

they
have).

Would you have your child taken from you for NO VERIFIABLE REASON?

It was characterized by attorneys appearing on all the Morning network

shows,
genuinly baffled as to why CFYD felt that they had to take such

precipitious,
and dangerous, unfounded actions.

She is still alive and CPS has not satisfactorily answered for her

kidnapping,
nor have they presented an adequate medical diagnois for her condition.

It was all supposition, lies, and conjecture..

Easy to do when a family is poor, Latino, and subject to discrimination,
prejudice and disbelief.

PF Riley excuses the state for venturing into an old, protected liberty
interest naturally vested in families, and superseding that authority for

flawed state intervention:

From: PF Riley
Date: 7/8/2004 9:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time
On 08 Jul 2004 20:45:42 GMT,
(Fern5827) wrote:

Even after CPS, CFYD, basically accused her family of overfeeding her

junk
food, and removed this poor child from her home, they found out she was

still
overweight.

Did the family receive an apology from CPS New Mexico?

Maybe they did. Do you know the answer?

Lawsuit? Was there a settelment involved?

It may be hard to believe, but not everyone (yet) in the country
believes that when something unfortunate happens to you, even if it
involved someone else's judgment that later proved incorrect, you
aren't necessarily entitled to a jackpot.

Perhaps the CPS investigation was marked by mutual respect and
cooperation, and the removal was mutually agreed upon as a test method
for ruling out family dynamics as a cause for her potentially deadly
condition. I have seen parents voluntarily allow such things for this
very reason.

PF

http://www.familyrightsassociation.com

If you do not like what the state thinks they can do without proof

,adequate
diagnosis, nor consent.