Old May 15th 08, 04:34 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Banty

Default Can anybody point me to any of these famous misc.kids.etc & alt.mothers

In article , Suzanne says...

There are a lot of vague references to said charters and "reporting
people for spam", but not one person yet has yet posted a link. Any of
ya actually got one? tick tick tick.... TIME'S UP

Well THAT's fair. :-/

There is no formal charter since misc.kids evolved out of another group when
many of the newsgroups were renamed, but there *is* a FAQ posted in
misc.kids.info, with this link:

ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.a...kids/faq/part1

Which contains:

____________________________

*** Netiquette on misc.kids ***

Most of the guidelines here are the same as in news.announce.newusers. In fact,
it is *strongly* recommended that you read the etiquette guidelines in
news.announce.newusers (or in any other introductory text on news readers)
before you post any articles.

* misc.kids is a discussion group. Please do not post binaries. There are
groups specifically chartered for this purpose. misc.kids already has a
tremendous amount of traffic and the extra bandwidth used by these files
is not appreciated. Please remember that someone has to pay for all
those bytes to be trasmitted around the world.

* Please do not post advertisements. misc.kids is a non-commercial
newsgroup. Reviews and discussions of commercial products relating to
children are appropriate, although they would be more appropriate
in misc.kids.consumers.
____________________________

But you know what - we don't even NEED it in the FAQ to be able to protest the
absolute rudeness of busting into a discussion group hawking your wares. Would
you walk up to a group of women at lunch, who are talking, laughing, and whip
out your breastpump and try to sell it? Hopefully not. (Hopefully...)

Well, busting into these newsgroups doing that is just as rude. But mercenary
folks like you just don't seem to get that...

What I see is a lot of brow beating of a guy who posts pregnancy and
breastfeeding related articles, and JUST because he's a friend to me he
also chooses to include a link to a great breastfeeding related product
- namely the breast pump I patented.

Amazing. You don't see how being such an *interested* party in this would cloud
your judgement.

I'll tell you this -- when I needed a breast pump like this one, there
was no such thing. Knowing how badly I needed it, and how my situation
was certainly not unique from other mothers, I made it happen. And I
did that as much for the betterment of the lives of other mothers than
for anything else.

Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

BECAUSE - we use killfiles and also use services that filter out some of that
stuff because there's nothing else that can be done about that. I don't even
SEE that stuff. Someone like *you*, on the other hand, pretending to
participate but you're really here only to push your wares, is harder to avoid,
and yes indeedy you get a strong reaction when you do that. If you were more
experienced with this venue and stuck around getting to know what it's about
before spouting off your mercentile stuff, you'd have learned that.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of you object to that?

See above.

I can tell you from personally knowing Ed, that he is absolutely
terrific around kids, and he does indeed care a lot about the welfare of
babies as well as their mothers. He is doing a favor to you and any
mother interested by making you aware of a great product that makes
mothers' lives easier. If you're not interested, then fine, skip to
the next topic heading you are interested in -- just like all the vioxx
and Rolex ads you skip over without following up on ad nauseum.

Oh what bull****.

Commercials don't belong here - period. Existence of other spam does not a
justification of your actions make.

Go away.

Banty