Old October 30th 08, 03:52 AM posted to misc.kids
dejablues[_4_]

Default Little girls and hair?

"Kat" wrote in message
I was doing DD1's hair this morning... as I do most mornings. Am I one of
the few people that does something with their little girl's hair? Both
girls sit very, very well, even if it takes more than 5 mins... I will
sometimes spend even about 10 minutes to pony tail up DD1's hair, braid a
few small strands and wrap the pony up with the braids and pin it up, for
one example, and there's rarely any issues at all. I'm also always looking
for new ideas to try out with their hair (mostly DD1 because she has much
more hair to work with) and I'm wondering if others here do the same - or
did do the same with a toddler/preschooler. DDs both ask for their hair to
be done on occasion if I don't do anything and both with bring me hair ties
and a comb if they want something done.

Does anyone else do this?

If hair and its arrangement is important to you, you will make the effort to
make it important to your children. If it's not, you would have cut it short
and be done with it.
FWIW, what you described is similar to how the black women I've known have
trained their girl children to sit through hairdressing ordeals.

I have boys, and they had short hair until they were able to take care of it
themselves. One now has very long hair, one did until recently deciding to
cut it off.