Old October 11th 03, 05:40 AM
Jayne Kulikauskas

Default U.N. rules Canada should ban spanking

"Kane" wrote in message

[]
You have developed a strawman ("no one likes trolls"). And you have
failed to establish that I am a troll and I am here just to start a
fight.

I give this evidence that I am not here for either:

I am passionate about and dedicated to exposing the pointlessness, the
wrong thinking, and perpetration of pain and humiliation on children
with the misleading and false name of "discipline."

I would find your protestations of passion and sincerity much more
convincing if you has posted to just one group. I'm not ruling out the
possibility that you are sincere. Perhaps you are simply new to Usenet and
do not realize that you have posted your comments to groups with
diametrically opposed views. Perhaps you do not realize the participants of
these groups are virtually guaranteed to engage in an acrimonious
interchange. If you truly wish a productive debate on the subject that is
of such interest to you, you will avoid cross-posting. (BTW, it would also
be conducive to a more fruitful conversation if you refrained from using
such highly emotional language.)

I have no objections at all to discussing this topic if the discussion is
posted to only one newsgroup. If you feel too outnumbered on mehsc, then
suggest another group where you will be more comfortable and I will come to
discuss it with you there. If you insist on cross-posting now that I have
explained its significance, I will consider that evidence that your goal is
strife rather than intelligent debate.

Jayne