Old May 17th 05, 01:42 PM
Jeff

"Banty" wrote in message
In article .com,
says...

I'm asking this here because I'm very concerned about my 16 year old
male cousin.

Over the past few years, he's gotten in a lot of trouble at school. It
seems he started acting up when my uncle married his mom. He tries to
act like a "hot shot" and tries to be the center of attention as well
as a know it all. He was the center of his mom's world until she got
married, had another kid, and they moved in with my uncle's parents.
He's gotten kicked out of school about three times and has had to go to
court. No one in the family trusts him anymore as everything that comes
out of his mouth is a lie. He picks on his two year old brother and has
even pushed him on the floor causing him to cry. His mom has decided to
send him to some sort of boot camp program that is ran by the U.S.
Marines. If he successfully completes the program then he gets his GED
and help getting a job. He also has the option to join the Marines if
his mom signs a release form as he is a minor. If he fails the program,
he'll probably be sent to a juvenile detention center until he's 18.

Something that comes to me while I think about this post.

Here's the outline of it - let's see if I can make this apparent.

Parents divorce - primary parent remarries and has new children.
Adolescent already in family acts up.

What are the solutions reached for by this family?

1. Boot camp
2. Backup option: Juvvy until he's 18

What's in common between these two options?

They get that pesky adolscent, that leftover from the earlier
relationship, out
of the household. Just handy, isn't it?

This is a sad case of a throwaway teen.

It's not the kid that needs fixing. It's the family.

Sadly, the boot camp may be the best option for the teen. At least he will
be where people care about him.

I agree, the family needs counseling.

Jeff

Banty