Old April 22nd 06, 09:34 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Biting

With you on this one... I have a 13 month old with 11-12 teeth and
developmental issues and she will NOT stop biting, no matter what, and
we keep nursing, no matter what.

I take it on a case by case basis. If she's being "rowdy"
(biting/pulling/wiggling) I put her down and don't nurse her until she
settles (or burps, which often solves it). If she's "nipping" as she
comes off, I don't make such a big deal because at this point, it's
just not worth it and she's not doing it on purpose. If she chomps on
purpose, I dont' nurse her again for a while, until it stops hurting.

I've gotten so I watch her like a hawk and keep my finger right there
so i can pry her jaws apart when necessary.

Some positions are better than others. If I'm paying attention and
looking at her and upright, she rarely bites.
Jenrose