Old March 10th 04, 12:41 PM
Tiffany

Default Teachers

David wrote in message
Hi Kim

It wasn't so long ago that children with an intellectual disadvantage were

hung
upside down in the hope of more blood to their brain the smarter they

would
get. A "refinement" of this approach was to strap them to a wheel type

devise,
and spin them around for hours at a time - the idea being that this would

FORCE
more blood to their brain and they would end up no longer retarded (as

they
were labelled then)

David - who is so glad we have improved (well a bit anyway) in our views

of how
people with a disability should be treated

Very true, David. That was a nice reminder of things from the past.
Unfortunately, the mistreatment goes on, just in different forms.

Tiffany - who needs to be hung upside down today.