Old June 18th 05, 07:29 PM
bizby40

"Nan" wrote in message
On 17 Jun 2005 19:43:46 -0700, "Mary"
wrote:
Yep. At my dd's preschool the "Stay and Play" gals all dressed this
way. They're not "teachers", but they are the daycare workers.
It never occurred to me to be bothered by it, as they're great with
all the kids, and that is what I feel is important, not how they're
dressed.

I think most of us would have a line that we wouldn't want our
DCPs to cross. Would you object to someone with a violent
t-shirt, or one of those shirts with snakes coming through the
eye sockets of a skull? I would -- I'd be afraid that the images
would be upsetting to my child. How about profanity? I'd be
upset by that as well, even if my child was too young to read
it or know what it meant. What if they worked in a bikini? Or
if they were male and generally worked without a shirt? That's
fine for the pool, but doesn't seem right for a pre-school
environment. Heck -- what if they were nudists?

The OP seems upset with the sexual nature of the dress of
the Day Care workers. Sure she could change day cares.
But if she's been happy with it otherwise, don't you think
it's appropriate for her to address the situation with the
owner? I do. If the owner refuses to do anything about
it, then the OP needs to decide whether or not it's something
worth switching over.

And for whoever said that it's too much to expect the college
girls to purchase a professional wardrobe for a summer job
-- I think "professional" in this case really only means modest.
A few t-shirts that cover their bellies and so forth.

It is a delicate situation in that I am related to the owner. I did
say something to the owner, but then let the subject die.
I can say that husband is eager to drive my daughters to the school!

So, are you insecure? I wouldn't be bothered by my husband looking at
the gals at our school.

She made one joking comment about her husband, and everyone
jumps all over it! She never said that bothered her, nor that she
had any trust issues or other problems with her husband.

Bizby