Old February 1st 04, 07:03 AM
Leanne

Default The Baby Inside

Jamie,
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, it must have been horrible, I hope that
your adopting experience will fill your heart

btw, I looked at some of your photos, Taylor looks gorgeous!!

Leanne
EDD: April 23rd 2004

Sort of. We found out at our 18 week u/s that Nathan was developing with

giant omphalocele -- the majority of his internal organs were in a pouch
outside his abdomen. We had an amnio to see if his chromosomes were

normal,
and went for a detailed echocardiogram, to see how his heart was doing.

His
heart wasn't as strong as they would have liked, but his chromosomes were
normal. We continued with testing, u/s, and talking to various pediatric
surgeons, and finally made the tough choice to end the pregnancy. The

more
we looked into his condition, the more small problems we found (fluid on

the
heart and lungs, twisted spine, etc), until it just became clear (for us)
that he wouldn't likely survive to term. I went through labor and

delivery
a week or so later, at about 23w4d, and Nathan was born still.

Since losing Nathan, I've had 5-6 chemical pregnancies, and 2 blighted
ovums, plus a donor egg IVF (one of the blighted ovums) and a failed IVF.
Apparently I've got an immunity issue that prevents me from staying
pregnant. I'm sort of done with the whole ttc thing, and have moved on to
adoption as the way to build my family. So unless I have an oops that

goes
well past the heartbeat phase, the chances of me having another magic

belly
moment are slim to none!

Thanks for your compassion and asking about it.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,