Old August 9th 06, 06:27 PM posted to misc.kids,rec.scouting.usa,alt.parenting.solutions,alt.rec.camping,rec.outdoors.camping
Nan

Default A disconnect at camp

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:10:04 -0400, Ericka Kammerer
wrote:

I rather suspect the concern is being abused in
some way, either by camp staff or by other campers.
Obviously, if it's the child him- or herself who's
causing trouble, he or she is not going to haul out
the cellphone to report him- or herself ;-)

I was thinking more of situations like getting lost in the woods, or
something to that effect. The abuse situation has merit, but I don't
think enough to warrant needing a cellphone. The entire camp isn't
likely to consist of pedophiles salivating at the mouth, to abuse
children!

Nan