Old December 21st 05, 05:13 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Poll: Birth Control

Hillary Israeli wrote:
In . com,
My first Mirena insertion hurt BIGtime. I
had labor-like cramps for a full 36 hours. Like, approaching transition
labor. Seriously. But when they had to replace it, the second one went in
easy - one cramp, and that was it.

Mine was a zero -- I could only just feel that it was going in at all,
like slipping a pencil between your lips. I did have cramps for a day
or so following, but they were pretty much like a normal first day of a
baddish period (baddish for me -- I don't get really horrible periods).
An ibuprofen here and there handled it fine.

--Helen