Old February 17th 04, 01:26 AM
AnnaS

Default Toy Design?

My son is 12 months and for the past few months, he only wants to play with the real phone ,the real remote control, the real stereo, and the real TV. He does not care one bit about brighly colored, music-playing, noise-making imitations of these items. All my friends say the same thing about their similarily aged children. He loves to push the buttons and turn the dials and he loves to hear real music and sounds. He especially seems to like the Mozart music
on his Baby Mozart video. If someone made realisitic looking toys that made realistic sounds or played classical music (or even if they didn't make noise) and were child-safe for 0-2 years old, I would DEFINITELY buy them. I have never seen anything like this on the market.

Anna

toyrdesign wrote:

Hello to all! Let me introduce myself, I am a student at Western Michigan University studying Industrial Design. I am currently working on a toy design/redesign. The toy is to be for children from birth to 2 years old. The possibilities are pretty endless. I am asking all parents to share their advice in designing a toy. What do children like? What do they dislike? What do you look for when purchasing a toy? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.