Old December 14th 07, 01:33 PM posted to misc.kids
grandma Rosalie

Default Tips on picking baby gender

On Dec 14, 2:05 am, Beliavsky wrote:
On Dec 13, 3:22 pm, mommycom wrote:

We have 3 daughters currently and my husband and I would like one
more. We are crossing our fingers for a boy, but if it doesn't happen,
we'll still be very happy.

We are not going the medical route, just "natural" methods. Does
anyone have any advice or tips? TIA!

There is a book

How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby (2006)
by Landrum B. Shettles and David M. Rorvik

Al and Tipper Gore read.an earlier edition of the book after having
three daughters, wanting a son, according to biographer Bob Zelnick
(they had a son). Some suggestions made in that bookhttp://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20000716/ai_n13870823
are

(1) The father should avoid jockey shorts, jockstraps, and other tight-
fitting clothing.
(2) The father should guzzle a couple of cups of strong caffeinated
coffee 15 to 30 minutes before having intercourse.
(3) The mother should try to experience orgasm during the critical
intercourse or multiple orgasms at the same time or, better yet, just
before the male orgasm.

Hmmm.

There is an article "Battle of the sexes"http://www.independent.ie/health/case-studies/battle-of-the-sexes-123...
discussing some research.

My husband didn't ever wear any of those things, and he never drinks
coffee. Possible it was #3.

In any case, we tried all the timing methods for the third girl, and
it didn't work for us.