Old January 30th 06, 09:43 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Selling my breast milk

Morag in Oxford skrev:
You should know that in the US this is illegal, as breastmilk is
considered a bodily fluid. Since you are advertising this publically,
you could be tracked down quite easily. The only way I know to
legally provide breastmilk is through a registered milk bank, where
they test both the mother and the milk.

In the UK breastmilk is donated to human milk banks, not sold. Those of us
who contribute our surplus do so to help preemie and sick babies, not to
make cash out of it. i'm really hoping that post was a fake.
Morag

In Denmark it's sold too. You don't earn a lot, but you get your
expenses covered.

Tine, Denmark