Old January 31st 06, 05:22 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Selling my breast milk

V. skrev:
For milk banks in the US it's also donated, not paid for. Of course, to get
the milk, you have to pay for it or get your insurance to do so. (one site
I found says it costs $3 an ounce!)
http://www.zipbaby.com/breast-milk-cost2donate.php
Because it is so expensive to buy through milk banks, some people have been
advertising on the internet to get milk donated or I suppose in some cases
to purchase it. I'm sure Larry is right when he says it's illegal to
sell/purchase it, but it is legal to arrange for someone to donate it
directly without going through a milk bank. Of course, then either the
donor or recipient would need to pay for the health screenings, and the milk
wouldn't be pasteurized or anything.

Funny. In Denmark the mother gets paid for the breastmilk, but the
recieving mother doesn't pay anything. If she needs it she gets it.

We pay most medical care over the taxes. Doctors and hospitals are free.

Tine, Denmark