Old November 12th 07, 07:54 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Bearic

Default RICHARD WEXLER: REAL FOSTER CARE SCANDAL IS NUMBER OF KIDS REMOVED

On Nov 11, 9:53 am, " krp" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

The real scandal in Kansas child welfare is not that the state is
oppressing Sedgwick County by giving authorities "only" 72 hours to keep
a child in limbo before a court decides if he ever needed to be torn
from his family in the first place

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. It is better to "tear"
a child from a home whether it is safe there or not and check things
out if there is a suspicion of abuse instead of keeping the child in
an environment that can kill him.

Hmmmm and do you think there is NO harm in yanking a kid from his family if
there is nothing wrong? What about the 'suspicion" abuse having to have
some REALISTIC component to it before you grab kids and run?????

I think there is LESS harm in yanking a kid from his family
temporarily if there is reason to think something is wrong than in
leaving him there while both parties cut through the red tape of an
investigation because by the time it is all sorted out, the kid might
be dead. Better to be safe than sorry. If it turns out that the
abuse didn't take place, good for the kid, but if it turns out that it
did, the kid's life is saved. These are children we're talking
about, I believe it is better to get the child to safety and ask
questions later. Respectfully E.B.