Old October 25th 03, 07:19 PM
Donna Metler

Default Bright 2nd grader & school truancy / part-time home-school?

"H Schinske" wrote in message
Ericka ) wrote:

I hear what you're trying to accomplish, but I
would be very surprised if you could get where you're
trying to go. I think you're going to find that homeschooling
is an all or nothing thing.

Actually this too depends on the district. There are a number of partial
homeschoolers where I live (though admittedly most are doing essentially

all
the academic work at home, and coming in for things like band and gym).

However, in these cases, the homeschooling student is taking a complete
class, not missing 20% of the time in all classes. There's a big difference
between having a child missing a significant part of the course content, and
having an extra child every day for 1st period.
--Helen