Old July 14th 06, 11:57 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Beth Kevles

Default my baby refuses to eat solids

Hi --

If I had a 1-year old who refused to eat ANY solids, who gagged at the
very thought, I think I'd discuss the matter with my pediatrician.
(This assumes that you've tried solids of various flavors and textures,
not just purees!) While many 1-year olds rely on breastmilk still, most
will enjoy at least the occasional bite or spoonful of one solid or
another.

Issues might be

- sensory integration disorder (which makes the baby hate
various textures), which can be helped with occupational therapy;
- food allergies or intolerances, which you can work with if you knw
about them;
- other stuff! which I know little about;
- or nothing at all, in which case your ped. will have helped by letting
you know that all you need to do is wait.

My two cents,
--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.