Old April 13th 04, 11:11 PM
The Watsons

Default Calcium needs for breastfeeding?

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the URLs. They were useful. My only gripe is that the
second one mentioned increasted osteoporosis if inadequate calcium is
consumed during lactation. I believe that new studies show that
osteoporosis risk is pretty low- that yes, bones are decalcified
during lactation, but that the bones remineralize very quickly after
lactation is ended.

i found the same thing, too (waffling studies)...my personal opinion is that
it can't hurt and might help...

Well, I'm now taking 1500 mg of supplement daily... one huge pill when
I get up, one at lunchtime, and one before bed. Huge amount, plus
normal dietary sources. I think that'll have to do!

that should do it...

Jess