Old July 12th 06, 10:58 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default We have reached 1 year!

Nikki wrote:
If I read the original post correctly you are still nursing right? When I
was still nursing Luke I just stopped sending the bottles to daycare.
Actually I sent them and ask that he not get them unless absolutely
necessary and he had one day of one bottle (versus 3-4) and nothing after
that. His bottles had either formula or breastmilk. I did provide a
sippy cup with cows milk that they used at nap time and snack time. He
had had sips of cows milk but we switched cold-turkey. He didn't drink
much cows milk for a few months but it increased as he got used to it. He
nursed so didn't need it for nutrition. It didn't seem to bother him at
all. Some babies might have a harder time but it might be as easy as that
so try it :-)

actually Nikki has got a good point, we did similar now I think back with
number 1, he was only at the childminder in the morning, so I just left some
ebm in their freezers and stopped sending it every day at 11months. He
didn't seem to nurse more later in the day as a consequence. With number
two, (13 months now), she is just breastfeeding morning and night and has
been for quite a while now and seems to be thriving, so it would appear that
2 breastfeeds are sufficient.

Anne