Old February 1st 07, 01:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sylviafrances

Default Biparietal Diameter / 20 week scan

Hi per_sonal, I hope this repsonse works...I just joined so I can be part of
this discussion because this is EXACTLY what happened to me!!! I am now 32
weeks but my 21 week u/s showed that the BPD measurement was 2 weeks behind,
or measuring just below the 5th percentile. Other measurements were on the
small side but within the norm, I believe around teh 10-25th percentile. It
freaked me out and I ran for a 2nd opinion, got some relief--my original dr
scared the heck out of me!-- and my midwife seemed okay with the measurements
because a doppler showed that the placenta was just fine and that would have
been her concern. In the meantime I have had 3 u/s and have read so much on
the internet. I have also several fetal biometric charts on had, etc and
would really like to exchange info, thoughts and ideas. Just let me know of
you are interested. My email is sylviafrances(at)gmail(dot)come. I really
hope to hear from you!
Sylvia

per_sonal wrote:
No one at the hospital really took us through the report. We had the scan and
she asked us to wait in the waiting area while she prepared the numbers and
did the report.

Then she gave us the report and didnt look worried but said that she wanted
to see us in 2-3 weeks time as the growth of the baby looked on the small
side, so they just wanted to monitor it.

But when I showed my midwife the report, she looked more concerned and said
that hopefully the baby will catch up, but she didnt want to tell me what the
possiblities could be (good or bad) as anything could happen.

So 2 very different expressions. Which is why it worried us even more, in
case the hospital werent telling us anything more without further
investigation.

Did they give you any indication of what this might mean? Did they tell you
the numbers, or did you just read them from the u/s report? Did they tell

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

Many thanks...